Friday 26 April 2013

The Final Countdown - 6 weeks to go!


Gestation: 33 weeks

I'm feeling: Oh my, what a strange week it's been! I've been very up and down...at the beginning of the week, nothing was bothering me at all! I was on top of the world and feeling unstoppable. It's been a busy week though, we've had the kids' friends over, visited family and had the usual business of school runs, extra curricular activities and my regular "Must clean/cook/bake/make all the things" outbursts. As a result, yesterday was a pretty low point. I'd overtired myself, was very very sore and my patience levels were all but gone.
Poor Steve was the first one to get it, he was on his way to work yesterday morning and I cried big snotty tears all over him because, I don't know, he hugged me I guess, and that was enough to set me off! Molly (my dog) jumped up and cuddled into my neck, shooting Steve evil looks as if to say "What did you DO to my mum???". Pretty funny, really!
Then, later in the morning, I had an urgent medical need for chocolate cake, but didn't have the energy to make one, so I cried because shop bought cakes are Not Good Enough and I don't know, maybe the sky was too cloudy or something. I didn't need much of an excuse.
The kids came home from school and Daisy was in a bad mood because she'd fallen out with a friend. The reason? Daisy doesn't like Monster High and her friend does. Disaster. Where does she get that drama from, hmm???
Oh, then she had a tantrum because she spelled one of her spelling words wrong and scribbled all over her notebook, which resulted in me absolutely losing it, grabbing her and slamming her bedroom door. Cue big snotty tears and heaving sobs from both of us...Yup, it was one of those days!
We actually made up beautifully after that, had lots of cuddles and apologies on both sides and all was well. I was very sore though, and spent most of the evening bouncing on my birthing ball, taking deep breaths and making ouchy faces, while inwardly feeling pretty disappointed with myself for losing my patience earlier in the day. It's all good now, though!
Today has been brilliant, I went along to a local breastfeeding group, just to introduce myself to other BFing mums, and it was lovely! Everyone was very nice and I got to hold lots of gorgeous little babies, which made me very excited for my little bunny coming along soon! It was nice to be out of the house and I'm really looking forward to making lots of new friends soon!

I'm eating: Still the same stuff - mango, star bars and ice lollies.

Baby prep: Almost finished packing the hospital bag, I bought all my toileteries yesterday and have put in a bid on a gorgeous changing bag on Ebay - fingers crossed!
Still need to get a cot mattress and bedding, but other than that, we're almost done!

6 weeks and counting! I absolutely cannot wait :)

No comments:

Post a Comment