Thursday 9 May 2013

Dear Baby...

Well, yesterday was eventful!
Baby Widders, you were so still when I woke up in the morning, and my mothering instinct told me that something wasn't right, or at least wasn't as it usually is. I know I'm asleep all night, but I must be unconsciously aware of your movements, because as soon as I opened my eyes, my first thought was "Why hasn't baby moved since last night?"
I lay for twenty minutes, switching sides, to see if I could feel anything, but nope, you were perfectly still, and that made my heart feel a little bit panicky.
I phoned the hospital, and Daddy and I went in to see what was going on. After an hour of waiting, we finally got strapped to a monitor to measure your heartbeats. Everything was fine, but the midwife thought that my bump was a bit too small for dates, and told me I would need a scan to make sure you hadn't stopped growing. Unfortunately, I had no idea when the scan would be and we just had to wait.
Poor Daddy had to take the whole day off work, which was good because he wasn't feeling well anyway, but bad because he is SO busy at work and knew it would mean being twice as busy today!
Anyway, we had a long wait ahead, so we snuggled up on the hospital bed together and had a snooze until it was finally time for the scan.
Well, after five hours of waiting, we were called through, and this is what we saw...


The most beautiful little face ever! Oh my goodness baby, you are absolutely stunning. You were opening and closing your big eyes, sticking out your tongue, smacking your gorgeous rosebud lips together and waving your lovely little hands around. Your measurements are fine, you are right on time and there are no worries about your growth.You are absolutely perfect. Seriously, you're amazing.
I've always been in love with you, but I struggled to imagine exactly what you'd look like. When I saw you yesterday, I fell even more in love. I can't wait to see your face for real, to kiss your little nose and look into those amazing big eyes. You are going to look just like your daddy, which is lucky, because believe me, he is absolutely gorgeous!
It was worth the scare to see you on screen. I know that you're okay, and that's worth far more than a whole day of waiting around. I promise you baby, that I will always protect you, I'll always trust my instincts, and no matter how many false alarms you might give us, I will never take any chances or worry about wasting people's time. As daddy said, you are our priority, and if making sure you're okay means taking time off work, sitting around for hours on end waiting for doctors or being scared to bits, we will do it all for you.
We love you Baby Widders, and we'll see you for real very very soon xxxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. Awww Jodie this made me just a little bit tearful. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete